Recent international tax developments include the following:
- OECD is progressing on a Digital Strategy, with planned consensus in 2020 (hopefully separate countries will have added patience for a coordinated approach)
- US Previously Taxed Income (PTI) regulations are due this summer/fall
- Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) final regulations were issued, effective March 2019 and expanding the definition of “responsible person”
- India and the US reached agreement to exchange Country-by-Country (CbC) reports, thus alleviating any need to provide separate India CbC reports for US taxpayers
- OECD released a Beneficial Ownership Toolkit (reference attached) to assist developing countries in identification of ultimate beneficial owners
EY’s Global Tax Alert is also attached for reference.