Communication of emerging tax risks targeted at increasing awareness of Best Practices via a regional/global tax newsletter provides a timely and efficient vehicle for valuable discussions. Examples of some benefits include:
- Increased focus and awareness on important aspects of a Global Tax Policy and / or Tax Risk Policy.
- Resource for regional / corporate tax team contact information inviting questions re: potential tax risks.
- Communication vehicle for introducing emerging strategic tax risks, especially in developing markets.
- Highlights lessons learned in forming new Best Practices.
- Introduction of new Tax Team members around the world.
- Provides updates on tax related benefits derived from collaboration on plant expansions, R&D credits, Patent Box and Innovation synergies achieving lower local effective tax rates, etc.
- Forum for tax diligence procedures of new accounting policies.
- Reference for upcoming tax training courses, webinars and related reference materials.
- Tax topic focus, describing potential risks in non-technical language, such as PE – what it is, how to recognize it, its adverse impact on cash taxes, ETR, accounting / operational complexities, etc.
- ETR overview, why it’s important.
- Increased tax return disclosures and self-assessment determinations; local and global significance.
- Country and Regional developments.
- Tool for heightened awareness among Tax Team members, inviting newsletter contributions and ideas.
I invite your ideas.