A recent Accounting Today article cites the uneasiness of corporate tax leaders re: reputation risk.
Excerpts from the article:
- The company’s tax policy and principles are being enhanced with greater detail for clarity and transparency
- Communication of tax strategies to the Board is becoming a primary focus
- Tax controversy alignment with the Board is being communicated more frequently
- Increased objective to develop more co-operative working relationships with tax authorities
- Tax risk is an integral part of decision-making
A link to the article is attached for reference:
As BEPS Actions are currently being transformed into final Guidelines, the subject of reputation risk would be a worthy topic of focus in the interim to be prepared for an uncertain, complex and disparate trend in the world of international tax.