As you may know, the OECD has an Aggressive Tax Planning (ATP) Steering Group, whose objectives include:
- Identify current trends
- Share experiences
- Focus on timely information sharing in understanding new schemes
- Provide information enabling countries to adapt their tax risk management strategies
Additionally, the work of the ATP Steering Group is supported by the OECD Aggressive Tax Planning Directory. The ATP Directory is an online resource for governments to depict types of schemes discovered and fact patterns thereto, and details of their detection.
- While “tax avoidance” and “tax planning” are frequently used terms, in direct contrast to “tax evasion,” it would be worthwhile to review Global Tax Policies and Tax Risk Management Strategies and verify if additional clarification is needed due to today’s tax environment.
- Centralization of information by OECD: is your company also centralizing its issues, tax risks and strategies for synergy?
- Are current trends being analyzed to adjust “tax planning” strategies and relevant tax risks?
- Are you ready to explain the difference between tax planning, aggressive tax planning, tax avoidance and tax evasion?