PwC has published their 16th Annual Global CEO Survey: Tax strategy and corporate reputation: a business issue.
In addition to interesting observations in the survey, the following ideas are presented for consideration:
- Have you had a discussion with your CEO about tax risks & strategies, including reputational risk? S/he could also share with you their perceptions and information exchanged with their peers.
- The upcoming G8 meeting will be discussing tax avoidance: do you plan to update your CFO & senior management?
- Are Board of Director presentations planned for strategic and reputational tax risk? (Don’t wait for them to ask)
- Do you have a Tax Planning Policy? If so, has it been discussed with the Board?
- Is senior management aligned internally, and with the Board, on a position for tax transparency?
- Is global tax planning a CEO priority, as focus on this topic is increasing among governments?
- How are you avoiding tax strategy surprises?
I look forward to your comments.